Ozarks Healthcare’s Mobile Mammography Unit to travel, offer mammograms during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Tue, 10/03/2023 - 2:20pm admin
As Breast Cancer Awareness Month approaches, Ozarks Healthcare is proud to announce the schedule for its Mobile Mammography Unit throughout October. Early detection saves lives, and Ozarks Healthcare wants to ensure those across its community have the opportunity to prioritize health this fall.
Ozarks Healthcare’s state-of-the-art Mobile Mammography Unit is equipped with the latest technology and staffed by expert professionals who are dedicated to patients’ wellbeing. The unit features advanced 3D mammogram screening technology, which delivers more complex and detailed images and creates quicker screening time with less discomfort. This technology is also able to read denser breast tissue, which can be typical in younger women. Changing and waiting areas are also included on the unit. Breast cancer screenings are essential for the early detection and prevention of this disease, and Ozarks Healthcare is here to make it easy.
Mobile Mammography Unit Schedule for October 2023:
- Ozarks Healthcare Alton, 100 Medical Drive, Alton - Friday, Oct. 6 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. sponsored by Alton Bank
- West Plains Bank and Trust Company Liberty Branch, 607 N. Elm St., Mountain View - Wednesday, Oct. 11 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. sponsored by West Plains Bank and Trust Company
- West Plains Bank and Trust Company North Branch, 1601 Porter Wagoner Blvd., West Plains - Thursday, Oct. 12 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. sponsored by West Plains Bank and Trust Company
- Bank of Birch Tree, 7828 St. Rte. FF, Birch Tree - Friday, Oct. 13 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. sponsored by Bank of Birch Tree
- West Plains Bank and Trust Company Willow Springs Branch, 708 E. Main St., Willow Springs - Monday, Oct. 16 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. sponsored by West Plains Bank and Trust Company.
- John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, 1500 N. Westwood Blvd., Poplar Bluff - Wednesday, Oct. 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fordland Clinic, 1059 Barton Dr., Fordland - Friday, Oct. 20 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Missouri Highlands Health Care, 405 Main St., Van Buren - Tuesday, Oct. 24 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The mobile mammography unit will be parked in the church lot next door.
- West Plains Bank and Trust Company Houston Branch, 1473 Sam Houston Blvd., Houston - Wednesday, Oct. 25 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. sponsored by West Plains Bank and Trust Company
Don't miss this opportunity to take charge of breast health. For added convenience, patients can schedule a mammogram to take place at a location from this schedule ahead of time by calling 417-257-5912. Appointments are available but limited, so please secure your spot in advance. Patients wishing to have their mammograms conducted through Ozarks Healthcare’s Mobile Mammography Unit must: be female and 40 years or older, have had no mammograms in the past year, are not pregnant or breastfeeding, have no implants or breast issues such as breast discharge, lumps, pain, or discoloration, and have never been diagnosed with breast cancer.
For more information about Ozarks Healthcare’s Mobile Mammography Unit, visit https://www.ozarkshealthcare.com/services/imaging-services/mobile-mammog...