Howell County News/ Amanda Mendez

Fire claims Pine St. home

A Willow Springs home is damaged beyond livability after a fire last Tuesday night. At approximately 11:30 p.m. on March 26, Willow Springs Fire Department responded to a call reporting a house fire on Pine St. with an occupant still inside. 
 
By the time firefighters were on scene, the occupant had escaped. The front porch was fully engulfed in flames, said incident commander Sam Waldron. The plan of attack was to knock down the fire in the front to save the surrounding homes. The neighboring home is a mere twelve feet away. 
 
Once the porch fire was out, fire personnel entered through the back door and extinguished the blaze and saved what personal items they could. 
 
“We managed to recover some personal items,” Waldron told Howell County News. 
 
The fire started from an unextinguished cigarette on the front porch. The occupant was smoking outside, and then the fire broke out about 45 minutes later. There was only one resident at home at the time of the blaze. 
 
Residents have been in contact with the Red Cross and are currently seeking a camper as temporary shelter. The occupant, who asked to remain anonymous, said they are in need of items to furnish the camper. Donations can be taken to Westside Family Life Center or left with Christe and Shannon Caldwell.
 
Eleven Point Rural Fire, Pomona Fire, Mountain View Fire, Willow Springs Police and Willow Springs Ambulance District assisted with this call. There were no injuries related to the fire to personnel or the victim. 
 
Content Paywall Trunction: 
Free

Howell County News

110 W. Main St.,
Willow Springs, MO 65793
417-252-2123

Comment Here