House Fire in Willow Springs

Willow Springs Fire Department responded to a house fire on Holloway Dr. on November 11. According to Assistant Fire Chief Vance Farmer, the call came in at 9:16 pm. The occupants of the home were out of the house and returned home to find the fire. No one was inside the house at the time of the fire. Once on the scene, firefighters encountered what Asst. Chief Farmer called, “a working structure fire.”
There was “lots of smoke,” he said. The fire was showing through the roof of the home. 
“We made entry,” Asst. Chief Farmer said, “Just one section of the house was actively on fire.”
The cause of the fire was an appliance that overloaded an electrical outlet, according to the WSFD. An incident report from the Willow Springs Police Department noted specifically that the appliance was an air conditioning unit.
Though the residence is currently uninhabitable due to the heavy smoke damage, the fire did not cause a total loss. The fire was restricted to one section of the house, and the quick efforts of the responding fire departments were able to save most of the personal belongings in the home. 
WSFD cleared the scene just after midnight. There were no injuries reported among the occupants or firefighters. 
Eleven Point Rural Fire and Mountain View Fire Departments responded for mutual aid to the fire. Asst. Chief Farmer said, “You would think we were all one department. We do a lot of cross-training together. There was no miscommunication. Just fast and efficient work.”
by Amanda Mendez, publisher

Howell County News

110 W. Main St.,
Willow Springs, MO 65793

Comment Here