Ozarks Healthcare Behavioral Health Center (BHC) recognizes winners of Mental Health Awareness Art Show
Ozarks Healthcare’s Behavioral Health Center (BHC) partnered with the West Plains Council on the Arts to host a special art show in recognition of Mental Health Awareness Month in May.
Participants from the community and local schools were invited to show their artistic skills with the theme “Pieces of Me.” The art show featured three divisions: eighth grade and under, high school, and adult. Prizes for each division were awarded as follows:
- Eighth grade and under: first place $50, second place $25, third place $10
- High school: first place $100, second place $75, third place $50
- High school best of show $500 scholarship
- Adults: first place $150, second place $100, third place $75
- One overall best-of-show winner was awarded $200.
Art show winners were selected by a panel of judges including Josh Reeves, Vice President of Development at Ozarks Healthcare, West Plains Mayor Mike Topliff, Brenda Smith, Ozarks Healthcare Board of Directors member, and Scott Miller, Vice President of The Friends of the West Plains Public Library. Winners were:
- Eighth grade and under: Gibson Truett, first place; Jacobey Truett, second place; Isla Sevy, third place
- High school: Emily Ritter, first place; Mckinley Hall, second place; Maddy Matthews, third place
- High school best of show: Morgan Bridges
- Adults: Audrey Scott, first place; Katelyn Wolford, second place; Roberta Morris, third place
- Overall best-of-show: Adam Sevy
Ozarks Healthcare’s Behavioral Health Center (BHC) offers efficient and effective mental health services to children and adults including individual, couples, and family counseling. For more information, visit https://www.ozarkshealthcare.com/services/behavioral-health/.